Tuesday, 25 February 2014

To-do List.


When New Year's Eve was just around the corner (this was a while ago, I know), I began trying to think of a New Year's resolution that I would actually stick to. I didn't want the typical "I want to lose weight", or "I'm going to give up eating chocolate" resolution that I knew I would stick to for two weeks (maybe even a week) tops. So instead, I decided to create a to-do list of all the things I wanted to accomplish before 2015.


I have spent so long jotting things down in my notebook. Things that I thought were achievable (within a year) and which I really wanted to do, so, even though I am going to continue to add to the list, I thought I would share with you what I have so far...

1. Get a hobby.

Now I know this one may sound strange, but after a conversation with my brother (who is extremely passionate about cycling) I realised that there was nothing that I could say was a 'hobby' of mine. I couldn't think of anything that I put my all into or worked hard at to build up my skills in an area just for the fun of it.

So far in 2014, I have plunged myself deeper into the drama society at my university, which I absolutely love, and gained myself a main part in two plays! Resulting in nine hours a week of rehearsals, (so it's definitely something I am putting my time into to improve my skills), but I enjoy the them so much that I don't actually mind.

Me in A Midsummer Nights Dream.

I have also started running, in an effort to get a bit more healthy, and when summer hits, (yes, I am counting down the days!), I am planning on trying rock climbing, as I used to love it when I was little!

2. Go to Amsterdam.

I have wanted to go to Amsterdam for months, maybe even longer, so I think this definitely qualified for the list. I know Amsterdam is linked with a lot of things many people would find promiscuous, but I want to visit there for the sights and certainly for the Anne Frank House, which is a place I have always wanted to see. I found that in school, (at least in my school) we never really learnt enough about such an iconic war, making it harder to imagine what it would have felt like to live in that time. For me, places like this are a perfect way of appreciating the suffering that people like Anne Frank had to endure.

3. Run 10k.

Okay, for me, this is extremely ambitious. I am not the strongest runner, nor the fittest person, but my cousin works for an amazing charity called the Albert Kennedy Trust which aims to support as many LGBT 16-25 year olds who are made homeless or living in a hostile community as they possibly can. Through his advertising, I noticed they were looking for volunteers to run the Bupa Great Manchester Run. So hopefully within the next couple of weeks I will have a post asking for your help!

4. Go to New York.



This is the one thing on my list that I have to admit I am most excited about. Ever since I was little and I watched Breakfast at Tiffany's, I have always wanted to go to New York. My dad promised me that he would take me, but as a deal we said we would only go for my 21st birthday, to ensure that I could experience everything New York had to offer, as well as making sure I got one of the best birthday presents I could wish for.

Well, (if you haven't guessed already), the year 2014 is the year that I turn 21, and I could not be more excited about experiencing this incredibly iconic city.

Do you have any suggestions on where to eat and what to do?

Love Em.

6 comments:

  1. beautiful!
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)
      I will check our your blog now! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I would love to go to New York! x

    c0yoteugly.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats a pretty pic of you in midsummer nights dream :) i have zero acting skills LOL whenever i was forced to join in a school play i insist on playing characters with very little roles. but now i kind of regret that. i hope you find your "perfect hobby" just like your brother did. its very fulfilling to be a part of some craft or art that you fit in perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! Yeah I had to put myself out of my comfort zone when I first joined, but I am so glad I did! :) Thank you! I hope I do too, I will probably have more luck once summer starts! :) x

      Delete