Wednesday, 12 March 2014

February Favourites.

Well time appears to have flown by! I cannot believe it is the 12th March already!
So it is fair to say that this post is a little late, but I am doing it anyway...

1. Striped Jumper.

Ok, I'm going to admit it, I have practically been wearing this jumper everyday, (apart from when it's in the laundry). It is made from 100% pure cotton and it's really soft and lightweight. I could not recommend this jumper more! I feel extremely comfortable in it without feeling like I am giving up looking and feeling nice, and for only £22 I think it's the perfect price, and it's from ASOS so you know it's good quality!
But really, it was these red anchor elbow patches that sold it for me...



2. The Five People You Meet In Heaven.

I debated with myself for a while whether or not to do a full post about this book, (it's that good!) but I felt like if I did it would give too much of the book away. That is something I did not want to risk, especially with this book. I know people often write reviews that give away the plot slightly so you know what you are going to buy, but for this don't go searching for them. Just buy the book and read it, don't even read the blurb ( I didn't). Just let it teach you one of the most important lessons I have been taught. 



3. Vans.


A couple of years ago I bought myself a pair of Converse. I fell in love with these shoes and wore them everywhere, they literally lasted me years. But when they broke I decided it was time for a change, and Vans was the change I had been looking for. Admittedly, the first pair I bought from Vans (in October) did not last me very long. They ripped very quickly, and I was left devastated walking home from rehearsals with my sock showing. However, when I took them into the shop (as I thought that they shouldn't have broken in such a short space of time) they informed me that that pair was faulty and I was welcome to exchange them for another pair. I decided to go for a complete change (as the first pair were red and a different style) and I opted for these black classics and never looked back. 
I love them! 
They are the comfiest trainers I have bought yet, and with summer on the way I also think they will look nice with skirts and dresses. Comfortable and versatile, Perfect right?



4. Watch.

I have a really bad habit whilst in lectures of 'checking the time' just so I have an excuse to then see who has text me or if I have any more emails. In an effort to try and put a stop to this I decided I wanted a watch, (then I don't have the excuse right?). Wrong. I still find myself checking my phone every now and then, but if I am honest with myself I have decreased the habit, so I can't be too harsh on myself... and on the bright side I now have a beautiful watch!
I originally fell in love with one from Daniel Wellington but I just couldn't afford it. After searching through Amazon I spotted this watch and thought, at such a cheap price of £1.64 why not try it and just see what I think?
The quality of the watch isn't perfect, but at the same time I can't complain either. I have had so many compliments on it, and once the strap goes, I could easily get a nice leather one and get it fitted.

I am on a student budget and it tells the time... Perfect! 


5. Headphones.

I feel like I live on trains. 
Because I am at uni far from home travelling back and forth takes a long time, and there is nothing worse than having a three hour train journey with no music to listen to; well that's my opinion anyway. 
When I say I hate the headphones that you have to poke deep down into your ear, I am not the only one. People always nod in agreement and say they wished they had headphones that just sat on their head. But then they follow with... "oh but they don't work" and "you still end up hearing everything around you". Well that isn't true. These headphones are excellent, the sound quality is superb and when I am listening to my music on the train I never hear anyone around me. I have even missed the announcement for my stop and had to grab my things in a panic as I notice we are pulling into the station.
I am not going to write too much about them here as I am hoping to do a full review on them soon with a bit more technical information on them.




6. Lego.


These two little lego people mean everything to me. I know it sounds silly, but as I have said in a previous post "something so small can mean so much". For me these little guys remind me of a great day out in Leeds with my boyfriend. We missed the train home and wandered into the Lego shop to kill some time and ended up recreating ourselves out of Lego, but I am sure you recognised me... 
I think this is a wonderful idea, and I have seen it available in most Lego stores. Just walk in and get building a little guy of your own that can be anything or anyone you want.


7. Candles.


These are one of my amazing Valentines day presents. 
I am in love with candles, I love how they can completely transform a room into a nice relaxed atmosphere. So when I moved into uni and realised that candles were forbidden at all costs I was devastated. These amazing candles however are battery powered and come with a little remote:


From this remote you can change the colour of the candles and also the setting, for example you can make them flicker so they look real! To add to the perfection of these candles, they are also coated in Vanilla smelling wax, so they not only look like real candles they also smell and feel like them too!

        

For anyone who is like me and a lover of candles, but is moving to uni I would have to say that these are a must.

I also have a few makeup favourites too, but I wanted to do a review on them soon.

Love Em.

1 comment: