Wednesday, 5 March 2014

Pancake Day.


I love pancake day!!
Ever since I was little pancake day has always been one of my favourites. I think I just loved that all my family was in the kitchen marking my dad's flipping skills out of ten, and me and my brother having competitions on how many we could eat in one sitting. 
My day began with a bit of an odd start. 
Many of you won't know, but I am a singer, (I'm not professional or anything, just do it as a bit of fun) but every now and then I do some live performances. One of my friends at University is a spoken word poet and he is excellent, when me and my friends went to see one of his performances my friend was left sobbing away next to me. In a good way though, think more like his words touched her, rather than extreme upset. Anyway, back to what I was saying...

He contacted me a few days ago and asked if I would be interested in singing a few songs for him for one of his performances to add a little variety. I accepted his offer, yet little did i know (until I arrived, minutes before I was about to go on stage) that it was in the main building of my Uni during the middle of the day when it was at it's busiest! To add to my fear, terror I had woken up that morning with a sore throat, so I also had the added worry of my voice cracking during the performance, or worse vanishing all together. 
However, I think all ran smoothly in the end (luckily).

After the ordeal was over, we had to complete some interviews and my very proud boyfriend offered to take me to lunch as a little treat. I was desperate for pancakes so we headed to the nearest cafĂ© that had a big pancakes sign outside. 
It was called wellies and we were very impressed. We were both good and opted for a savoury pancake filled with cheese and bacon and honestly it was delicious.


We lost track of time chatting (and stuffing ourselves) that I had to run off to make it to my lecture on time.

After a night at drama rehearsals, I headed back to the flat where everyone was eagerly waiting for the pancake flipping to begin. We had a couple of disasters...


which was rectified by many successful catches...


 Overall they were delicious and we all went to bed with big grins and very happy tummy's...




I told you everyone was happy :)


How did you spend your pancake day?

Love Em. 

4 comments:

  1. It's so cute how it all fell on the floor! I spent my pancake day in Spain, but that didn't stop me from making all kinds of pancakes haha. You can have a cheeky read if you like (and have a spare 5 minutes!). Love from Marbella x www.theblondeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I was actually devastated before the photo was taken. Wow, I am so desperate to go on holiday, I will definitely give your post a read :) x

      Delete
  2. It looks delicious great job on the toss of the pancake.
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete