Friday, 14 March 2014

Urban Decay eyeshadow/liner review.

I see so many reviews on Urban Decay's naked palette's that when I got some of their other products for Christmas I couldn't wait to test them out and finally see for myself what all the fuss was about.



Before writing a review on them I wanted to make sure that I used them a few times so I could really make an informed judgement but if I am honest...

I love them!!

When I was writing my February Favourites post I was SO desperate to include them. I feel like I have been wearing this look everyday... well actually I have! But I wanted to do them justice and give them a post of their own. 

The first shade is 'cherry'. 




 I love this shade and often wear it on it's own with a bit of mascara as a daytime look. The subtle glitter that it contains really helps to brighten my eyes without dusting all down my face with glitter too; as some eyeshadows tend to do that. 

For this everyday look however, I combined cherry with 'stray dog'. Both of these eyeshadows have a really easy to blend formula and compliment each other perfectly.




 These shades are also perfect when transitioning from a daytime look into a nighttime smokey eye as they are easy to build on creating a more dramatic look, but I kept it simple for now...




I have to say, for me, for everyone, these shades are a must have. They create a subtle feminine look                 which is perfect for any occasion and is my go-to look for any date night. 

After completing my eyeshadow I often finish the look by lining my eyes with Urban Decay's cream eyeliner in 'Demolition'. This brown shade completes the look, and with the brush provided being double ended, I can choose to go for a bold line or blend it in. Perfect when I am running late and need to give my makeup a revamp for the different setting. 


The cream glides on so smoothly and lasts all day and the eyeshadows also wore really well.



They may be a little pricey compared to other high street brands, but I would say they are definitely worth your money. I have had mine since Christmas and they still look brand new and I am addicted to them! 
For me, the easiest place to purchase Urban Decay products is at Debenhams, but I have seen loads of places selling it so I am sure you won't have trouble. 

Will you be getting some for yourself?
Love Em. 

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures Emily! I think I'm going to buy some of the individual eyeshadows once my naked palette runs out!

    http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! :) Yeah do! I love them! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I love Urban Decay - I really want to get one of the Naked palettes! Your make-up looks lovely, the eyeshadows are such pretty colours!<3 xx

    lameyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me too! Just need to get saving, my student balance isn't allowing it at the moment haha :) Thank you! xx

      Delete
  3. I have never tried Urban Decay before but they sure have some beautiful shades! Love the soft feminine look they create on you!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely worth a try! Thank you, I love this look too :) x

      Delete
  4. You look SO pretty!
    These colours are like super up my street to, theyre so lovely!

    You have the NICEST skin!

    Kelly from | Daydreams & Daisychains

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are beautiful colours! Aww thank you! I have been having loads of problems with it recently, but it's so nice to receive such lovely comments! x

      Delete
  5. love simple looks.. this is great! and urban decay has some of my favorite shadows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah me too, I was so happy when I received them as a christmas present :) xx

      Delete
  6. You look amazing in these pictures! I really like your makeup look :)

    Ana xo anacelinelabod.com

    ReplyDelete