Friday, 18 April 2014

Liebster Award.


I would like to start this post by firstly thanking Sam for nominating me. The basic aim of this award (if you don't already know) is to get to know more about the people who own the blogs you read, as well as introducing you to new and exciting blogs.

So anyway, the rules are simple and here they are...

You have to link the person that nominated you.
You must answer the 11 questions that they set for you.
You must nominate 11 blogs that all have less than 200 followers. 
You must set 11 questions for them to answer. 
You must let the blogs know that you have nominated them (otherwise how would they know?)

So these are the questions that Sam set for me along with my answers. 
I hope you enjoy :)

1. What are your plans for the future?

I am currently still at University, so my short term plan is to move into a new house with my friends and finish third year to the best of my ability. But in the long term I plan on moving abroad. I have always dreamed of travelling and I think that after uni is the ideal time (and I am hoping that my boyfriend will join me in my adventures).

2. How long have you been blogging?

Officially my blog began on the 6th March 2013. But I have to admit that at that time I didn't really enjoy doing it so quickly gave up. So I am going to say that my blog began on the 24th February 2014, so not that long really. 

3. How long do you want to continue blogging?

I want to continue blogging for as long as I enjoy it... There is no point doing it if I don't enjoy it is there? 

4. What inspired your blog name?

I guess I chose the name because ever since I can remember I have always loved receiving a hand written letter through the mail. I just liked the idea that each blog post I write was a letter to my readers and the future me.
So it became a letter from em. 

5. Why do you love blogging?

I love blogging because I like to have something to look back on. I like the idea that when I am older I can just log onto my computer and see everything that I was up to, my thoughts on things at that certain time. 
I also love blogging because I love how it has made me appreciate all the little things that surround me, that maybe I wouldn't have noticed before. It's amazing what suddenly I cannot wait to write about, whereas before hand I wouldn't have given it a second thought. 

6. What's your makeup bag essential?

This is a bit of a difficult question for me, but I would have to say mascara. When I first gained an interest in makeup the first thing my mum taught me is that a woman should never leave the house without mascara on, and since then I never have. 

7. What's your favourite brand of makeup?

I think for me, my favourite brand would have to be Chanel. I love everything about Chanel's makeup range, it's simply beautiful (not that I can ever afford it).

8. What is your number one don't when it comes to makeup?

Orange. 
I think that is all I need to say.
Orange is not a skin colour and it is not an attractive look at all. Ladies, we want to aim for the beautiful fresh natural look, not the oompah-lumpa look! 

9. One random fact about yourself. 

One random fact is that I cannot walk over three grids. Don't ask me why, because I don't think I have a reason, I just cannot do it. I have been known to stand there in the middle of a busy street waiting for people to pass just so I can avoid walking over three grids... 
Crazy right?

10. When reading another person's blog what do you look for?

I tend to look for a mix of things really, I look at presentation, so whether they put effort into making their blog look nice and photos. I love a blog that contains photos, so that I can really see what they are writing about. 

11. If you could use one word to describe your blog what would it be?

Nostalgic. 
That was the whole purpose of my blog to me. To be able to re-read my posts and fill me with fond memories. 

So there you have it, a little insight into me in the form of eleven answers. 
I nominate...


and here are my questions... 

1. What is the best thing you have gained from blogging?

2. How many people have you met through blogging?

3. What is your favourite thing about blogging?

4. What is the one piece of clothing you will never wear?

5. What is number one on your bucket list?

6. Where would you most like to travel to?

7. Who do you look up to most?

8. What is your favourite film?

9. What is your biggest fear?

10. What is the one thing you always carry with you?

11. If you could be any animal for one day, what would you be and why?

Good luck and I hope you have as much fun as I did answering the questions! 
Love Em. 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the award/nomination. Going to give some thought to those answers. Looking forward to reading all the others too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for nominating me :) I definitely agree that a person's blog must have good photos! They are such an essential.

    xx | abitgraceful.blogspot.com |

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely answers, maybe we can go shopping after our essays and treat ourselves to something from the Chanel counter (we'll definitely deserve it after writing 5 of them), I've seen some amazing glittery Chanel lipglosses that I want! Hope you're having a lovely Easter :)!!

    http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete