Thursday, 3 April 2014

Mother's Day: Part Two.

There is nothing like waking up in your own bed.
I have to admit though, I am lucky with the bed I have at university, as it is actually comfy, but nothing can even compare to my own bed at home and waking up hearing my little sister laughing and playing downstairs was such a great sound to wake up to. 
I hadn't seen her in a very long time, as every time I seem to come home she is at a sleepover or is doing something more fun so I was so excited to see her again, and I think the feeling was mutual!



We began the morning by giving our mum some very big cuddles and her gifts (which she loved!) before being presented with an amazing full english breakfast.
I rarely eat breakfast (bad I know...) but I had no issue eating this.


 I am so lucky to have a family that can cook so well. It was delicious!
But anyway... back to mother's day.
My whole family was coming round for a big sunday lunch and all mum wanted was for a bit of peace and quiet so she could cook and have everything organised before they arrived, and I was desperate to walk off all those calories so me and my sister decided to have a walk to the park.

I am lucky enough to live in a very picturesque village with a very lovely park which is located in the gardens behind the church, and the walk there is lovely...



 The village has put a lot of effort into making the park a perfect and tranquil place where children can have fun and people can just go to sit and relax. It is an honestly beautiful place (especially when the sun is shining like it was on sunday).
But be careful, you may run into a Gruffalo...


But that didn't scare my sister...


The park is full of these lovely wooden carvings hidden among the grass, but this one has to be my favourite. But I do like the fox chasing the hare too...


The park isn't that big, but we seemed to happily spend hours there (much to my mum's delight) and my sister's for that matter.





We then wandered back just in time for tea, and as my mum's boyfriend was preparing one of my favourite desserts. 
But you will have to keep popping onto the blog for more about that!

This was one of the best Mother's Day I can remember, it was just perfect! 
How did you spend your weekend?
Love Em.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! Check out my blog for the details. Amy xx
    http://messingwithadreamer.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete