Thursday, 28 August 2014

It's getting smokey in here...

Ok, ok, I know, and I am not going to deny it!
This post is long overdue...



At the end of second year, me and my course friends decided to go out for a meal to celebrate.
Second year exams were extremely hard, we were all exhausted and needed to go out and have a few drinks along with some good food. 


So we decided to head to a restaurant called Smoke Barbecue in Sheffield.
It hadn't been open long, and we were eager to try the food as every time we walked passed the restaurant the smell was simply amazing. 


The menu is only small, but it is packed full of goodies to choose from!
Also, to make things even better, whilst you are trying to decide what you are going to gorge yourself on, your waitress places little glasses full of salted popcorn in front of you...
YUM


I also love the decor of the restaurant.


My friends boyfriend looks rather happy to be there too, don't you think?


After a clink of our drinks, or jugs for some people...


We decided on what we wanted to eat and supped up the last of our cocktails amongst the sound of laughter and the rumble of our stomachs.



After a couple of painstaking minutes trying to decide what I wanted, I finally went for the pulled pork pit with a mac and cheese side.
I was not disappointed! 
The meat was just glistening under the BBQ sauce and the chips were to die for...
oh and don't even get me started on the mac and cheese!


Just look at that!


And all that cheesy amazingness...


My friends also made some good choices...
The brisket pit...


One touch of your knife and the meat simply fell apart.
My course mate and her boyfriend decided to go for the smoke sharer plate, which looked amazing...



However, I visited Smoke again a bit more recently and decided to go for the sharing platter with my mr and we were slightly disappointed.
We thought that the Turkey leg tasted a little strange and the sausages weren't great.
However we didn't receive the same sausages that are pictured above, so maybe smoke was having a bad day (we can sympathise, we all have a bad day every now and then).

Lauren decided to go for the pulled pork burger, and I have to admit I was slightly jealous!
If you are a follower of my blog then you will already know my addiction to burgers, and this one looked so good!


I begged her for a bite, but she wasn't having any of it and we ended up in fits of giggles at the table.


If you do decided to go for the sharing platter, be prepared to forget all your table manners and go back to being a caveman...


But if not, no matter what you order, you will get stuck in...


Once we had finished we were all ready to burst at the seams. 
But after a quick look at the dessert menu, we just had to have a smore!

Well, desserts go into a different stomach don't they?
And we shared it, so that means half the calories right?


Could you honestly say no to that?
We certainly couldn't!




I was just so happy!


It was such a perfect night and I cannot wait to move into the house with these amazing girls in September!


Are you looking forward to going back in September (if you are?)
Would you try a Smoke near you? 

Love Em.

6 comments:

  1. My friend lives in Sheffield and I think I may have to convince her to pop by when I next visit! This place looks amazing, and a place that allows you to forget your table manners is even better! So much food!

    missisgoode.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! The food is delicious! If you do pop over, let me know what you think :) xx

      Delete
  2. The pulled pork is a-mazing! I loved it at Smoke, although I do agree with what you say it seems a little hit/miss I've been twice and both times were a little difference. It's certainly not somewhere for the faint hearted though it's meat central haha….I also quite enjoyed Cosmo have you been there yet? :D.

    http://rinicawrites.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so good!! It really is not for the faint hearted, I agree with you on that! Yeah I have been to COSMO, but I have to admit, I wasn't that impressed. Maybe I just caught it on a bad day. :P x

      Delete
  3. I finished uni at hallam in may and I loved Smoke bbq !!! xx

    lemonaidlies.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh congratulations! Hope you got the results you wanted :) The smell is incredible too, every time I walk past I want to go in haha xx

      Delete